- BrokerWare Transportation Management System (TMS) will now retrieve the signed Proof of Delivery (POD) from common carriers’ websites into BrokerWare.
- This information is then available both to Freight Broker employees using BrokerWare and also can be accessed through the client portal.
A couple of Receiving Tips to pass along to your brokerage clients:
- Make sure the carrier doesn’t write “Said to Contain (STC)” or “Shrink Wrapped Pallet (SWP)” on the delivery receipt.
- Make sure the carrier signs for the number of pieces on each pallet.
- If there’s damage to the freight, make sure to notate the damage on the delivery receipt.
- Refuse the shipment if it’s extremely damaged.
- Report concealed damages to the carrier within five business days.